I have completed my Placenta Encapsulation training with Placenta Benifits. I have been trained in Traditional Chinese Medicine for the Placenta. This means the placenta is steamed with Murr and Ginger to help aid in the Qi of the maternal body. The placenta is then dehydrated, then ground into a fine powder and put into tasteless capsules for you to consume.
Humans are among a very few species that do not consume their placenta regularly after birth. Studies have now shown that animals in the wild eat their placenta for no other reason then nourishment.
In TCM or Traditional Chinese Medicine, placenta has been used for centuries for medicinal use. It has been used for infertility, impotence, spermatorrhea, low back pain, lightheadedness, and tinnitus. It has been shown to help with emaciation, pallor, and/or insufficient lactation due to exhaustion, just to name a few!
It has only been in the past 40-50 years that placentophagy (consumption of ones placenta) has come to the western world. The benefits are, but not limited to:
- Increased energy
- Aiding in sleep regulation
- Decreased risk of baby blues and postpartum depression
- Decreased bleeding
- Enhanced milk supply
- Replenished vital nutrients such as iron
- Balanced hormones
- Continued assistance for later use (when fatigued, stressed, depressed, menopause)
For further information, and articles about past and current research, I urge you to check out the Placenta Benifits webpage for a full list of articles and information.
If you have further questions, and would like to set up a free consultation, I would love to meet you.
Please feel free to email me at email@example.com and I will return your email promptly.
- I am not a licensed medical professional and I am not able to diagnose, treat or prescribe for any health condition, for Massage Therapy, or Placenta Encapsulation.
- Benefits vary as in any medication. I can not guarantee benefits, and the benefits have not been evaluated or approved by Health Canada.
- It is your responsibility to determine whether using placenta preparations may be of benefit to you. Always speak to your care provider regarding any questions about your health, safety and well being.